Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Whooosh

I believe it was Nationwide insurance company that had an ad with the tag line "Life comes at you fast". Believe me, this is very true. I can honestly say I don't know where the past week and a half have gone. Actually, I don't know where October went. One minute I was making plans for a weekend in Tampa to see U2, then next minute I'm trying to figure out if I actually want to bring Halloween candy into my house. This is my way of explaining why I haven't updated my blog in a week ;). Also, part of the problem is that the adapter and the battery on my laptop have died, so I've had limited computer usage for the past week.

Well, it's been a week since I started in my new position and I think things have gone pretty well. I've had some blow ups on my own caseload, which have not been that fun, but things have worked out in the end. I will say that, since the promotion, it's been hard for me to get things done when I'm at the office. I walk in with good intentions and a list of things to do and, by the time I leave to go see my kids, I have accomplished nothing from my list. I don't know what I'm going to do. I may have to (gasp) work over the weekend! We will see...

Last Sunday I did a 5 mile race with two friends (they ran it, I walked). It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I did not do as well as I did last year, but last year I was going to the gym on a regular basis and was in better shape than I am now. The race was on Casey Key in Nokomis, FL. Casey Key is a beautiful place with a lot of nice homes (some would be nice to own if I had several million dollars to spend). While I was walking, it gave me time to think. I have to say that, in spite of some of my insecurities, I'm happy with the direction my life is taking. This year has not been an easy one by any stretch, but I managed to become a licensed mental health counselor, get a promotion and a raise, and reconnect with friends I haven't seen or talked to in years. So that's not too bad!

I did gain 2 pounds this week. I'm not exactly sure how that happened because, overall, I thought I was pretty good with my eating. I was bummed about it on Monday, but I've gotten over it. I just need to keep moving forward and do the best I can. I know I will lose the weight, it will just take time. As far as the Halloween candy is concerned, I'm going to a friend's house for dinner that night so I don't have to worry about having treats for the trick or treaters in my neighborhood. I know this may sound mean, but I've worked most of the Halloweens since I moved to Florida, so the kids don't really come to my house anyway.

Happy haunting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment