Monday, October 5, 2009

Retail frustrations

I hope everyone out there had a great weekend. Mine wasn't too bad. Food wise, I think I did ok, although I did have some meatloaf (decent portion) and a slice of apple tartin (great cake with apples and caramel on top) with ice cream. I think that was the worst I ate this weekend, so it wasn't too bad. I am meeting with my Jenny Craig consultant this morning. Before I go, I always start thinking about what I ate during the week (and what I should have eaten) and how that could effect my weight loss. I am hopeful that I will have a loss today. You will have to tune in tomorrow to find out.

Saturday evening I went to Kohl's, one of my favorite stores. What I love about Kohl's is that they have a great selection of "women" or plus-size clothes, along with shoes, accessories, make-up, everything to make the girly girl in me very happy. This trip, I wasn't too happy. When I went to the women's section to paw through the clearance racks and see what cute, great buys I could find, I was very disappointed to find that there was mostly maternity clothing on the rack. Now I have nothing against pregnant women and I know they need clothes too, but why do stores have to put them next to the plus-size clothing? I have this same problem with Target. I use to love to shop for clothes at Target because they have a great selection and good bargains. Now, the plus-size section has been taken over by the maternity section and I have to really search to find clothes that are not designed for the mother-to-be. I really hope Kohl's is not going in that direction. They have a huge selection of clothes for women who wear "normal" sizes (whatever that is) why can't the stores have the same kind of selection for those of us who are a little bigger than the norm? I'm beginning to think that, until I can get my butt into a size 14, I will have to shop primarily at Lane Bryant if I want a big selection of cute, fashionable clothes.

So if anyone out there can give me a heads up on other places I can shop, it would be greatly appreciated! Tune in tomorrow to find out if I either had a meltdown in the middle of the Jenny Craig center, or if I jumped up and down like a lunatic. :)

2 comments:

  1. Old Navy doesn't have plus size in the store anymore but they have a huge selection on line. They sometimes have deals where if you spend x amount you get free shipping. Plus if you buy something on line you can return it to the store if you're not happy. I just bought 2 pairs of pants, a sweater and 2 shirts on Saturday, I'll let you know what I think when they come in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a store called "Avenue" - it's in that shopping plaza at the corner of Clark and 41 (where old navy, ross, stienmart, etc are). It's a pretty good 'plus' size store. :) P.S. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete