Saturday, October 3, 2009

Calling overeaters anonymous

Hello out there. Day two of the new blog and I'm actually posting something. I know you are all excited!

Ok, so yesterday I was doing pretty well. Had a healthy breakfast and lunch. Had my snacks like I am supposed to. Then I got to dinner and all bets were off. Let me set this up for you....

I went to a concert last night with friends. We left for the show around 6pm and, because I wasn't feeling hungry at that time, I didn't eat anything. Well the show ended around 10pm and we went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty hungry by that time. I ordered a shredded chicken breast in a light cream sauce with mushrooms, onions and refried beans, not too bad. Of course the portion was huge and I tried to figure out how much I wanted to eat. Have you ever been in a situation where you're out with friends, talking and eating and not really paying much attention to what you were doing? That was me. Before I new it, I had eaten most of what was on my plate and feeling VERY full. So full that I felt like I was either going to burst like the wafer thin mint man from Monty Python, or that the button of my jeans was going to pop and become embedded in the back of my friend's head. You will be happy to know that didn't happen, but it was not a comfortable ride home.

Needless to say, I did not have the best night last night and this morning I am sitting here thinking about what I should have done differently last night. I do regret eating so much, but I am not going to beat myself up over it. Today is a new day and I have all new choices to make. I will do my best to make the right ones (or at least I won't overeat again).

To all you healthy eaters out there, keep up the good work and don't beat yourself up if you don't make the right choice. Just try to do the best you can and the rest will work out for you. :)

2 comments:

  1. What if you ask for a to go box when the waiter brings your meal and then box up half of the portion before you start to eat. Then try to put the box up portion somewhere that you can't see it. I've never tried this (even though I should) but people at Weight Watchers have said it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, David has told me to do that in the past and I never think about it. I will have to try it next time I go out to eat.

    ReplyDelete