Wednesday, October 14, 2009

To exercise or not to exercise, that truly is the question!

Hello my wonderful readers. How many of you work out on a regular basis? Show of hands... Ok, we all know that a healthy lifestyle not only means eating healthy, but exercising on a regular basis too. So why is the exercise part so hard? Could it be that, in order for me to fit exercise in my schedule, I have to get up at 5:55am every morning? (Except the weekends, I'm not THAT good). So that is the struggle. Every morning, my alarm goes off at 5:55am and I lay in bed and think, do I really want to do this. A part of me knows that, if I get up and go for that 2 mile walk, I will feel good and I will have energy later. The other part of me thinks, this is crazy, I could really use the extra 30 minutes of sleep. So it goes every morning. Most mornings, I will get up and moving, but there are some mornings where I give in and go back to sleep.

Some of you may be wondering why I exercise in the morning. You may be asking yourself, why not just work out after work. Well, the problem is, my schedule is crazy. I work 2 jobs and I have late appointments, so mornings work the best. Why do I get up so early? Well my best friend has agreed to walk with me to help motivate me to exercise, but she is a teacher who has to be at school by 8am and she has a 50 minute drive. So, in order to work with both our schedules, early morning walks are best. Also, living here in Florida, the mornings are much cooler than the afternoons. So, there you go. I force myself to get up in order to be healthy!

At one time, I did have a gym membership and I went 4-5 mornings a week. But, due to my current economic status, I had to temporarily give up the membership. Things are getting better now and I am planning on reinstating my membership and getting back to the gym. Of course, I will be going in the mornings because I don't see my schedule changing anytime in the near future. So the battle to get up in the morning will continue.

So, for those of you who are out on the road around 6:05am and you see two women who look like speed walking zombies, please watch out, it may be me and my friend and it would ruin my healthy lifestyle if you hit me with your car. :)

Ok Anthony, this is for you. Yesterday, the only bad thing I ate was half of a slice of pumpkin cheesecake that I brought home from the Cheesecake Factory. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment