Friday, October 2, 2009

Don't eat that!

Welcome to my blog. I will do my best to be entertaining and I will also do my best to update often. What is this blog about, well, for those of you who are currently dieting or have been struggling to lose weight, this blog will chronical my attempts to lose weight and get healthy. Pretty boring right? Well, I've been trying to lose weight since I was 12 years old and I am now 38 and still trying. So, if you're interested read on!

Ok, I have tried many different things to lose weight: dexatrim (which made me incredibly jumpy), the grapefruit diet (don't ask), south beach, xenical (a lot of pooping, which was pretty gross), quick weight loss - to name a few. I am currently on the Jenny Craig plan, which involves eating prepackaged meals and snacks and meeting with a consultant who is supposed to support you during your weight loss process. I have a great consultant who tries very hard to motivate me, which isn't easy considering most of the time I don't want to be motivated.

So, I weighed in on Monday and met with my consultant. I currently weigh 262.1 pounds. Now this is a first. Like most women (especially fat women) I never tell anyone how much I weigh. It's too embarrassing! Well, since I am going to talk about my weight loss, I thought I would be honest and post what my weight is. I'm hoping this will help motivate me to lose because who wants to write about gaining weight? If I wanted to write about that, I would have called this 'eat all you want'.

My biggest challenge with losing weight is the fact that I like to eat. I like to eat junk food. I like to eat sweets. I like to eat. I've been trying to keep track of what I'm eating in order to keep myself in line, but that's not easy because I'm not honest in my food journal. When you think about it, that's pretty stupid. No one cares that I'm lying, I'm only trying to fool myself. No one is going to yell at me and call me "fat pig" if I write in my journal that I ate 2 candy bars and a bowl of ice cream yesterday (which I really did and the fact that I wrote it here is another first). So, as you can see, yesterday was not one of my better days, but at least those days are few and far between. I use to eat like that almost every day, but I am learning to be healthy (my consultant would love to hear that).

Today is a new day and a chance for me to do better. Whoever is out there reading this, thank you. I hope it was somewhat entertaining. For those of you who are trying to lose weight, keep it up! I hope I can motivate you as you will motivate me.

1 comment:

  1. Everyday is a new day to try agian. Don't beat yourself up over eating candy and/or ice cream. Love you!

    ReplyDelete