Sunday, November 1, 2009

Do I want to face the music?

Here I am on a Sunday morning thinking about my week. I was a fast week and not one of my best as far as eating and exercise were concerned. I had some candy and cookies this week. I also ate out and was not really good when it came to my portions. To top it off, I was sooo tired this week that I did not exercise at all this past week. Now my dilemma is, do I go to my Jenny Craig appointment and face another weight gain or do I chicken out and not face the music? How bad would it be if I didn't go in? I gained 2 pounds last week and, if I have another gain, I think my consultant will be ready to give up on me (ok, I know he won't give up on me, but I also feel he's really getting frustrated with me). What to do, what to do...

A part of me says go weigh in and move forward, which is probably what I will do. I'm just very frustrated with myself. Sometimes I have to wonder just how serious I am with wanting to lose weight and change. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from people encouraging me to continue moving forward, but I'm not quite sure where my motivation is. I say I want to change and lose weight, but I continue to fall back on old habits and do things I know I shouldn't. I'm not going to lose weight if I don't change my eating habits. The old ways are not going to get me to my goal. I know this and I need to take charge. I'm not going to give up eating out, I'm just going to make smarter decisions and get a to go container before I start eating so I can ensure that I am eating the right size portion. I just have to remember these things and I can't randomly snack. Sugar is like a drug. Once I eat one sugary treat, I want several (and I mean many handfuls) more. It's like something goes off in my brain, like a drug. I can see why some people can become addicted to drugs.

Ok, so I have until tomorrow to think about whether or not I want to go to my Jenny Craig appointment. I will probably go because it will do me good and I will be honest with my consultant about my week. Now I really have a plan for my week. I just need to follow it. Moving forward from old habits is hard, but I know in the end it will be very rewarding.

Thanks again for all the encouragement. For those of you who are trying to make changes in your own lives, keep it up and don't give up when things get hard! There is strength in numbers and we can all face the music together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment