Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Things are not always as bad as they seem.

As you all remember from my last blog, I did not have the best week last week and I was debating as to whether or not I would go to my Jenny Craig appointment and get on the scale. Well I did go to the appointment on Monday and I lost 1 pound! I am very excited about this pound because it is a step in the right direction and hopefully more will follow.

Since I've been experiencing some changes in my life, I've been thinking a lot about change and what causes people to change. I've read that if I want positive things to happen in my life, I have to focus on the positive, but how exactly do you do that? I've heard that some people meditate about the things they want to change in their lives, clearing their minds and self-exploring. Do you know how hard that is to do? I do because I've tried it. I have a very hard time shutting off my mind. It feels like my mind is on a continual track and, when I try to quiet it down, I constantly have thoughts popping into it. I could be home by myself without the t.v. or any other noise on and my thoughts will seem so loud. I can't say that my mind shuts off when I go to sleep because I have some very interesting and vivid dreams. So how exactly does this meditation thing work? I guess you would have to have more focus and control of you mind than I do. I will keep trying and let you know what I find out.

Well, that's it for today. Monday and Tuesday were pretty good days as far as food goes. I've been managing to stay away from the candy in my office (for the most part. I did take a sucker yesterday). To all of you who are trying to make changes in your lives, stay focused and quiet your mind (and if you can do that, please let me know your secret). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment