Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Word of the Year

One thing I am trying to do this year is open myself up to the blogging community.  As I read other people's blogs, I am noticing a connection to what I am going through.  i have also noticed that several of my fellow bloggers are participating in an exercise called Word for the Year.  This is a word that you choose (or maybe it chooses you) as an inspiration or for guidance.  Now I know it is the end of January, but it's still the beginning of the year, so I think I can get this in under the wire.  I have decided to pick a word for this year and that word is:
Believe
-verb 1. to accept as true or as speaking the truth
2. to think; suppose
3. to accept the truth of something

A relatively simple word, but something that is so hard for me to do.  No that's not entirely true, I don't have any problems believing in other people.  What I have a hard time doing is believing in myself. 

In some ways, I think this word chose me.  On Christmas Eve, my sister gave me a pendant that she order from my friend, and fellow blogger, Leanne's Etsy store (chaostohappiness on Etsy, it's great and I suggest you check it out).  The pendant said believe:
It wasn't an early Christmas gift, my sister said she saw it and thought of me, so she bought it for me.  That was the beginning. 

The theme of the January 2nd Weight Watchers meeting was Believe and, after a rough weigh in, the consultant asked me what I believe.  At first I said, "I don't know" (I think I was reeling from the fact that I had gained 7 pounds in 2 weeks).  Then I haltingly answered, "I believe in me.  I believe I can lose weight."  Later it hit me.  I don't think I have ever really told myself that I believe I can lose weight.  I've never really had the belief in myself and my success. 

So this year I believe in me.  I believe I can lose weight.  I believe I will go back to school.  I believe my confidence will soar and I will get stronger.

I believe in me, what a powerful thing to say.

So, how about you?  It's not too late to pick a word four your year.  If you decide to do this, let me know.  I believe 2012 will be a great year for everyone!

Here is a better picture of the design that is on the pendant:
I know I already plugged Leanne's shop, but if you have a chance, do check it out.  She is a talented artist and really does some beautiful things!  www.etsy.com/shop/chaostohappiness :)

   
 

1 comment:

  1. {hugs} {hugs} {hugs} . . . .LOve your word, and love that you are taking the steps to believe in yourself. Thanks, also, for mentioning my shop. I hope to have I opened next week, and have lots of word related items to include.

    I am reading the book "Wheat Belly" . . . I has me looking at my diet in a completely different light. Here's to believe in BOTH of us this year. Hugs, again!!!

    ReplyDelete