Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Time, time, time, see what's become of me...

Wow, my last post was in September and it is now January. Time does fly. For some reason, it doesn't feel like it has been that long since my last post, but it has. Time has a funny way of sneaking by without being noticed. Or maybe time moves fast because I'm getting older...nah that can't be it.

Well, I made it through 2010 with all the ups and downs, most of the time it felt like there were more downs than ups, and here we are in 2011. I still look the same. I've been sitting at the same weight for an entire year. I joined a gym that I don't go to and I've watched as friends have lost weight, become healthier, and moved towards their goals while I'm stuck.

Ok, stuck may not be the right word. I have made the choice to stay where I am because I don't motivate myself to change. That may sound harsh, but it's true. I'm not going to make excuses for myself. I know what I need to do to change and I don't do it. Well, that is going to have to change. I've said that before but lately I've been having these weird dreams. In one dream, I'm older and having all kinds of problems because I didn't take care of myself. Last night I had a dream where I was working towards my goals and I was in a great relationship with a great guy. I think we were looking to purchase real estate from someone I work with at Burlington (kind of a cool apartment inside of a cool house, but I'm not absolutely positive about that). That part was strange, but the point is that the dreams gave me two options for myself. Also, the fact that this year marks a birthday that I would rather not have is motivation for me to move forward.

So, rather than sleeping in and throwing off my schedule, I am going to go to the gym and I am going to start making changes so that I can become healthier. I just heard a voice in my head say "yeah, right, we've heard that before" but it is true. I can't blame stress for my weight gain because I have a job that I really like and I am not bringing work home with me. My schedule is a little crazy, I work the overnight shift Tuesday-Saturday, but I like what I do. It's kind of easy and has given me the opportunity to consider going back to school and I've also learned how to crochet, which I really enjoy.

So welcome 2011. I don't know how happy I will be with you when July gets here, but I'll deal with that at another time. I will keep everyone posted on my progress and I will try not to whine so much. Thanks for reading and for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment